Monday, August 6, 2012

Bread Baking Day #53 - Swirly Breads!

A couple of months ago, I was perusing the Bread Baking Day fan-page on facebook, and I saw a call for hosts.

"That could be fun!" I thought.

"But what in the world would I choose for a theme?" I then worried.

Pushing worry out of my mind, I sent an e-mail to Zorra, the awesome founder and organizer of the whole thing, and volunteered.  And, much to my surprise, she agreed!

As Bread Baking Day has been around for a while, coming up with a theme was a little tricky.  There have been many, many, MANY beautiful and creative breads baked over the last 52 months, with all kinds of star ingredients and for all different kinds of occasions (to see the full line up, check it out here).

Which reminds me - did you see the beautiful French breads baked last month? Check out the roundup on host Cinzia's blog, Cindystar.

So what's new, different, yet fun to bake, eat and see?

Swirly bread.

What the heck is swirly bread?

It's any bread that, when you cut into it, there's some kind of swirl or pattern.  Marbled or rolled, cinnamon buns or povitica. Maybe you'd prefer to make a filled challah, where the filling creates a fun swirl when you cut the loaf. Or perhaps a cinnamon raisin bread, with a beautiful swirl of flavor throughout the loaf.  Sweet or savory, breakfast or dinner - the choice is yours.

The rules are as simple -
  1. Bake a yeasted (commercial or wild yeast), swirly bread before the end of August.
  2. Post your bread, including the recipe, on your blog, and include a link back to this post. (Feel free to use the BBD#53 image in your post, too!)
  3. If your post is in another language, please include an English version of the recipe.
  4. When you are done, e-mail me at cmomcook@gmail.com with BBD#53 in the subject line.  Your e-mail should include the following:
    • Your name (as you want it displayed in the roundup)
    • The name of your blog and the blogs main URL
    • The name of your bread and the link to the specific post (permalink)
    • Where you are from
    • A photo of your bread
Please send me your e-mail by September 1st, and I will post the round-up on September 5th. I will also create a Pinterest board of all of the beautiful swirly breads.  I'd be happy to e-mail you when the round-up is posted - just let me know in your e-mail that you'd like me to do so.

I can't wait to see all of the swirly deliciousness you come up with!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Shelley,
    do you really mean, we bake swirl bread before end of July? Or end of August? BBD#52 was in July.
    Best regards
    Bella Kirschfrau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry t that - all corrected! This was originally thought to be BBD#52 and I thought I'd corrected all of those references. You are right - bake your bread in August, submit by September 1st and the roundup will go live September 5th! Thanks so much and I look forward to your beautiful bread!

      Delete
  2. Hey Shelley, I've had my eye on BBD but I keep missing the announcements (and this month is probably going to be waaaaay too hectic for my to participate) - so how do you keep up to date? Via the FB group, or is there some other way? So cool that you're hosting this one, I look forward to seeing all the entries :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Korena - I check the FB page to see the monthly announcements. You can also check Zorra's page (with the link above), and she updates for each month's announcement and roundup. If you have a chance, I know you'd make something beautiful. But either way, it's a great group where you can participate when you can and there's no pressure! :)

      Delete
  3. I finally came up with a pretty cool swirly bread :) It will be up on the evening of August 31st! I'll send you all the info I need as soon as I get it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was recommended this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as
    no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You're incredible! Thanks!
    Have a look at my web site top friv games

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails