Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chicken Soup


Is there anything that chicken soup can't cure??

Yesterday morning, little miss woke up with her belly bothering her. After a bumpy start to the morning, her belly evened out a bit, but then she started sniffling quite a bit... Uh oh. Looked like we had a bug trying to settle in.

Lucky for us, we'd had chicken the night before. Like, a whole chicken. Of which we had eaten only about half. And which I'd put in the fridge without removing it from the bones. It's like I knew or something.

So after breakfast, all of the remaining chicken, bones and all, into my stock pot with a few onions, carrots, celery stalks, leeks and parsnips. I let the whole thing simmer all morning,
removed the bones and boiled up some noodles. Instant home remedy.

I am pleased to report that little miss is feeling much better today. I would love to claim that the chicken soup is solely responsible for her speedy recovery, but I am pretty sure that a day of taking it easy, some nasal spray and some extra fluids may have had something to do with it... But you still can't beat a nice, hearty bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails